6th Annual Pamper the Pink to be held Sept. 11, 2014 at Red Mt. Resort Canyon Room

Friday, January 23, 2009

Jill's Words of Inspiration


I have been more emotional since my last PET scan than I have been throughout the last 8 months of knowing I have cancer. Now I cannot think the words or say the words without choking up - "I am a SURVIVOR" I can not look at myself, my body, my hair, my breasts, without having a huge lump in my throat - "I am a SURVIVOR! I am going to LIVE." I haven't been afraid of dying, but I am grateful that I will live.
I am amazed at what the body can take and still fight to get itself back to normal. How thankful I am that my body was in good health and that it has been able to handle the 5 surgeries, 6 chemos, and 25 radiation treatments. I firmly believe that our bodies are a gift from God and that we should take care of them with honor.
God cannot remove every burden from us. He does show his love to us in every possible way. He is there when we are frightened, when we hurt, when we feel we just cannot carry on any more. He strengthens us and He sends angels to us with words of love, encouragement, prayers and support. My faith is strengthened, my love is deeper and I will never be the same again. I have more empathy, understanding, love for those around me, more patience. I will cherish each day that I have.
I am a survivor. I know that deep within myself I have the ability to be strong, to overcome. I know that I have the ability to face each new challenge that comes my way. I know that God loves me and that He blessses me each day. My family is amazing. Their support, prayers and love are my strength and they are the reason I fight.
Jill understands that although each journey with breast cancer is individual, that you women share a unique bond that no one else can begin to understand unless you have walked that path. She is willing to be a support to those who would like a listening ear, words of encouragement or just to connect. You may contact her by email djbeardall@msn.com .

No comments: